Volkswagen Konzern (VLKAY)
Volkswagen Konzern – German Automobile kontsern.Sostoit of 342 companies involved in the production of automobiles and related services. The world’s largest car manufacturer. The undisputed leader of the European car market (over 25%).
The units of the Volkswagen Group are:
- Volkswagen (cars) – now part of the group, engaged in the production of passenger cars, not framed as a subsidiary corporation, and reports directly to the leadership of Volkswagen AG.
- Audi – the last car brand group Auto Union, acquired from Daimler-Benz in 1964.
- NSU Motorenwerke – was purchased in 1969 and entered the Audi Division. Not used as an independent brand in 1977.
- Seat – a controlling stake in the company (53%) was purchased by the state in 1986. Since 1990, the brand is owned by almost the Volkswagen Group, which owns 99.99% stake in the company.
- Škoda – the company was acquired in 1991.
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (Volkswagen Nutzfahrzeuge) – it was part of Volkswagen AG, but in 1995, thanks to the efforts Bernda Vaydemana, the previous chairman of the group, became an independent unit within the Volkswagen Group. Division is engaged in manufacture of commercial vehicles: vans, buses and trucks.
- Bentley – the company was acquired in 1998 from the British Vickers group, together with Rolls-Royce, but can not independently produce cars under this brand since the brand itself was sold to BMW.
- Bugatti – the brand was acquired in 1998.
- Lamborghini – the company was acquired by a subsidiary of Audi in 1998.
- Scania AB – controlling stake in the company (70.94%) was purchased in 2009. It produces truck tractors, trucks, dump trucks, buses and diesel engines.
- MAN AG – a controlling stake in the company (55.9%) was purchased in 2011. Manufacturer of tractors, lorries and trucks, buses, diesel engines and hybrid engines.
- Porsche – 49,9% Porsche AG acquired the company in 2009. By 2011, the planned merger with the parent Porsche SE with the aim of creating a single, integrated automotive company, but this has not happened. The merger of Porsche and Volkswagen has been postponed for an indefinite srok.I finally, in 2012, the Volkswagen Group has completed the acquisition of Porsche, which made its mark 12 as a part of the German group. The deal was closed after the acquisition of “Volkswagen” 50.1 percent of the shares “Porsche”, which cost concern at 4.49 billion euros and a one ordinary share.
- Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. – One of the leading manufacturers of premium motorcycles acquired subsidiary Volkswagen Group – Audi AG – 18.04.2012, the company Investindustrial SpA for $ 1.1 billion.
- ItalDesign Giugiaro- 90,1% of shares were purchased in 2010, the Italian Lamborghini Holding, whose parent company is the Audi AG, in turn, part of the Volkswagen Group. Thus, the owner of the company actually became Volkswagen. The remaining percentage of shares owned by the family of one of the founders of ItalDesign Giorgetto Giugiaro.
- Volkswagen Group is one of the largest shareholders of Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan.
Since 2013, Volkswagen is the owner of the Russian brand “Aleko” (under which one time sold “Moskvich”). The right to use the brand and all logos is reserved for “Volkswagen” until 2021
Volkswagen Group owns 48 auto companies in 15 European countries and six countries of America, Asia and Africa. The Group employs more than 370 thousand. People, produces more than 26`600 cars daily, authorized sales and service of cars made in more than 150 countries around the world.